Staycation Review: Nobu Hotel in City of Dreams Manila

Sometimes weekends are just meant to be spent in a home away from home. After multiple visits, I’ve decided to share my experience staycationing in Nobu Hotel in City of Dreams Manila.

Website: https://www.nobuhotelmanila.com/

The best way to tell whether or not you would want to stay in places is reading guest/s experience/s. On this case, I will summarize the multiple occasions I’ve stayed in Nobu and will show the pros and cons of checking in as a guest.

Arrival
Pros: Valet parking and baggage assist are always quick.
Cons: They don’t really care about your belongings. Multiple times I’ve encountered an employee carrying my bag without caution. I had advised that it’s fragile to no avail.

I suggest that if you are carrying gadgets and have placed them “safely” in your travel bag, carry your belongings and bring it to the baggage scanners yourself. Keep an eye on your things after that because a random employee will just take it and put it on some trolley without you knowing and go out of sight. I had to look for employees who took my bags just to get a piece of paper that tell me how many bags they took.

Check-in
Pros: Check-in should be quick if you’ve reserved early and have requested for whatever is needed.
Cons: One receptionist, [Lila –something] who is very unwelcoming to everyone. Rude is definitely the word.

from: google images




The Room
Pros: Simple, elegant design. The rooms are always very clean (thank you housekeeping). TVs are huge. Coffee is good. Pool view features sunset, city view features sunrise. Executive rooms are spacey and great for staycations. Suites are awesome for a few more people. I don’t believe I’ve ever liked bath products as much as I did Nobu’s.
Cons: Some rooms have no bidet, not even handheld bidet. WHYYYY?

The funko is Helena from Orphan Black. She's not meant to be a morbid reference just a size reference.












Food
Pros: Nobu is situated in City of Dreams. Aside from room service and Nobu restaurant, there’re a few more variations of culture among restaurants within City of Dreams.
Cons: Value for money. Breakfast alone could cost you almost Php1,000 just for bacon and eggs, some pastries, and some fruits. I would suggest eating at Signature or Red Ginger. The food is worth it and the service is excellent.











Amenities
Pros: Everything is clean. The view is nice.
Cons: The pool is tiny. I for one am not a big fan of swimming in public pools. However, I’d make an exception for cleanliness and size. The small pool is too compact for guests to enjoy unless there aren't a lot of people.



All in all: 

No comments:

Post a Comment